The job of insulating the cabin is under way. On Monday, we got started on packing bats of pink insulation between to roof and wall joists, as well as tacking on the vapour barrier. We started with the roof, as we wanted to get the most difficult part of the job done first.
Well, it took us some time to get the procedure down, but after the first painful hour and half figuring that out, the rest wasn't so bad. The walls, which we started today were much easier. We finished the day with the roof completed as well as two of the four walls. Tomorrow morning, we should be able to get the other two walls done without too much difficulty. But, even now, the cabin seems like it will be nice a cozy once winter arrives. It will be even better when we get the wood stove installed.
Then comes the insulation for the floor, which I'll have to do from the crawl space under the house. I suppose that will present it's own challenges, but there's not much we can do about that now.