Just finished installing the wood stove into the cabin and it's working wonderfully. It's a high efficiency radiant stove and it should have no problem whatsoever at heating our little home. The installation took a little longer than we thought. First, it took a bit of research to learn all that we needed to know in order to install the stove safely. Once we decided to go through the wall, rather than the roof, we had to make sure the floor, walls and ceiling were all adequately protected. The most complicated part turned out to be the floor.
We wound up making our own hearth, by sandwiching several layers of cement board together. With the combined weight of the stove and the hearth, I decided to re-enforce the floor beams beneath the stove; not that it really seemed to need it, but I thought I'd make doubly sure everything was secure.
Once I figured out the instructions, that came with the stove pipe and wall thimble kit, it was a fairly easy task to measure for the hole in the wall. It wasn't a very nice feeling when I was cutting the chimney hole in my perfectly good wall, but I was feeling better once the pipe was in place. I felt even better when we built our first fire in the stove and saw smoke exiting the top of the chimney (and no where else).
Until we get the interior wall finished in the cabin, we put up some tar paper behind and above the stove, just so we don't have any problems with excess heat damaging the vapour barrier.
Now, we should be nice and warm when the cold weather hits and we can finish the interior of the cabin in relative comfort.
One more hurdle down!