We've made it to week four and the chickens are growing fast. They've just about grown out of the brooder box I built for them, so later this week (once it gets a little warmer again), we'll move them over to the temporary coop we have prepared for them.
The plan is to turn the camper extension – which was the first thing I built when we got here last year – into the permanent chicken coop with a nice big secured run.
We had a bit of a delay with the garden this past week. The yard tractor lost a retaining clip on one of the front wheel axles, which allowed the wheel to (almost) fall off. So, it took some time to get a replacement clip, but I did. Funny how a one dollar piece of hardware can bring the whole production to a halt.
The yard tractor, with the rotor tiller attachment, certainly helped make the whole process of breaking new ground for the garden a lot easier. It was certainly worth the money we spent on it.
Now, we just need the rain to stop and the sun to come out and warm things up.